;TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to the website of OSHEN, LLC (including any of its subsidiaries or corporate affiliates, collectively, "OSHEN," "we" or "us"). Any person accessing or using the website and any associated webpages (collectively, the "Website") is referred to as "you".
This Website and its Content (as defined below) are intended solely for personal and non-commercial use by you. Any use of this Website or its Content other than for personal and non-commercial purposes is prohibited.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; CONTENT
Unless otherwise noted, the Website, its features, functionality, and all materials, including, but not limited to, images, text, graphics, logos, descriptions, data, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, audio clips, sounds, files, trademarks, trade dress, software, specifications, advertisements, titles, names, written materials, User Generated Content (as defined below), and any other materials that appear as part of or on the Website (collectively, the "Content"), are protected by copyright, trade dress, and/or trademark laws of the United States, and all worldwide rights, title and interest in and to the Website and Content are owned controlled, and/or licensed by OSHEN. Please note that certain trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks or material displayed on the Website may be owned by third parties, and you understand that you are not authorized to display or use such without the prior written permission of the relevant third party.
OSHEN and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are registered trademarks of OSHEN or its licensors. Such marks cannot be used without the prior written permission of OSHEN.
Except as may be expressly permitted by OSHEN, you may not use, reproduce, copy, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, perform, download, license, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, frame, transfer, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any Content, the Website, or any related software; provided, however, that you may download certain Content as indicated on the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited and revocable license to view the Content on the Website, but only while accessing the Website. In addition, you are hereby granted a right to download certain Content as expressly permitted by OSHEN on the Website; provided, however, that where OSHEN expressly permits you to download certain Content as indicated on the Website you may do so only for your personal, non-commercial use and subject to any additional restrictions provided by OSHEN either in these Terms and Conditions, on the Website or elsewhere as may be indicated by OSHEN. No right, title or interest in or to any downloaded Content or software is transferred to you as a result of any such permissible downloading or copying.
The Content may contain omissions, errors, or may be out of date. The Content is provided for informational purposes only and OSHEN is under no obligation to keep the Content updated. OSHEN may, in its sole discretion, change, delete, update, modify or otherwise alter the Content at any time without providing notice to you.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT
As used in this Section, (i) "User Generated Content" means messages (including e-mail), data, information, text, music, sounds, photos, graphics, images, designs, icons, video or audio clips, files and comments, including but not limited to feedback, suggestions, reviews, questions or other material or content regarding our existing products, marketing strategies, business and customer service; and (ii) "Interactive Areas" means reviews, forums, blogs, chat areas, bulletin boards or other interactive areas in which you or other Website users may post Comments, content, messages, materials or other items on the Website.
By posting, distributing, sending or displaying User Generated Content to the Website, you:
- hereby grant to OSHEN a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, worldwide, and sublicenseable right to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise disclose or incorporate into other works, the User Generated Content for any purpose to the extent permissible by applicable law;
- grant OSHEN and its subsidiaries the right (but not the obligation) to use your name in connection with such User Generated Content, subject to OSHEN's
- represent and warrant that:
- you own and control all of the ownership rights to the User Generated Content that you post or otherwise distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute such User Generated Content on or through this Website;
- such User Generated Content is true, accurate, complete, and not misleading and does not infringe or otherwise violate or breach any applicable laws or regulations; and
- the usage, publication and posting of such User Generated Content does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not and could not violate any rights of, or cause or could cause injury to, any third person or entity; and
- further grant OSHEN the right to pursue before any appropriate forum any person or entity that violates OSHEN's or your rights under any applicable law in the User Generated Content.
User Generated Content submitted by you is deemed non-confidential and OSHEN is under no obligation to treat such User Generated Content as proprietary information. Without limiting the foregoing, OSHEN reserves the right to use the User Generated Content as it deems appropriate, including, without limitation, deleting, rejecting, or refusing to post it. OSHEN is under no obligation to offer you any payment or compensation for User Generated Content, respond to any User Generated Content or to attribute authorship of User Generated Content to you. If, nonetheless, under any applicable law, it is determined that you retain moral rights in the User Generated Content which you have posted to the Website, you hereby agree that:
- you won't require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Generated Content;
- you won't oppose the publication, use, modification or deletion of the User Generated Content by OSHEN; and
- you waive and will not claim or assert any entitlement to any moral rights in any of the User Generated Content, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
This Website may contain Interactive Areas. If OSHEN provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and you use them at your own risk. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using any of the Interactive Areas, you will not post, upload, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish any of the following:
- Material that is sexually explicit, violent, derogatory, unlawful, libelous, defamatory, slanderous, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, an invasion of the privacy or publicity rights of a third party, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Material that promotes illegal drugs, tobacco or firearms use;
- Material that constitutes hate speech or encourages or provides instructions for a criminal offense, violates the rights of any individual or group, or that otherwise creates liability or violates any applicable local, state, national or international laws or regulations;
- Material that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any third party;
- Material that uses the names or likenesses of persons living or dead or their property without their prior express written permission or that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Advertising or links to other commercial websites;
- Names, postal addresses, telephone or telecopy numbers, email addresses, driver licenses, Social Security, national identity , passport and/or credit card numbers or other personally identifiable information of any third party;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Material that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Areas in which such material is posted;
- Material that communicates messages inconsistent with the goodwill of OSHEN or which otherwise violates these Terms and Conditions; or
- Material that, in the sole judgment of OSHEN, is objectionable or which may expose OSHEN, you or other Website users to any harm, prejudice or liability.
To the extent possible under applicable law, OSHEN takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Generated Content posted, published, displayed or uploaded by you, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is OSHEN liable for any errors, mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography, profanity or racial or gender slurs you may encounter or any other type of content posted, published, displayed or uploaded by third parties in violation of these Terms and Conditions. As a simple provider of the Interactive Areas, to the extent permissible by applicable law, OSHEN is not and shall not be liable for any statements, representations or User Generated Content provided by its users on this Website. OSHEN has no legal or contractual obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Generated Content posted, published, displayed or uploaded to or through any Interactive Area and makes no claim that it will do so. However, OSHEN reserves the option and right, at its sole discretion, to remove or modify any User Generated Content posted or stored on this Website without any prior notice of any type whatsoever and for any reason whatsoever.
Any use of the Website, including the Interactive Areas, in violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in termination or suspension of your permission to use the Website and/or any other website(s) owned or operated by OSHEN.
- UNSOLICITED IDEAS SUBMISSIONS
OSHEN welcomes your feedback regarding our existing products, marketing strategies, business and customer service, subject to Section 4 above. Feel free to contact us customerservice@oshenactive.
However, our company policy does not allow us to accept or consider unsolicited ideas, suggestions, proposals, comments or materials, including for new or improved products, services or technologies, advertising campaigns, promotions, One for One ideas, product enhancements, processes, materials, designs, marketing plans, designs, artwork or new product names (collectively, "Submissions"). Please do not submit any Submissions in any form to OSHEN or any of its employees. Since OSHEN is constantly developing new ideas, strategies and products, we hope that you will understand that this policy is intended to help OSHEN avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when OSHEN' products, lines of business or marketing strategies might seem similar or even identical to Submissions made to OSHEN.
If, despite our policy, you still provide your Submissions to OSHEN, the following terms shall apply to your Submissions, regardless of what your communication says. You agree that:
- OSHEN shall automatically solely and exclusively own the content and form of all Submissions and such shall not be returned to you;
- OSHEN may use, copy, redistribute and disclose the Submissions for any purpose in any manner, without compensation to you or any other person or party; and
- OSHEN is not and shall be under no obligation to: (i) pay any compensation for any Submissions; (ii) attribute any Submissions to you; (iii) respond to any Submissions; or (iv) keep any Submissions confidential.
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT; LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Any Content, products or services posted on, transmitted through, or linked to by third parties from the Website are the sole responsibility of the third-party originator of such Content. OSHEN does not control, approve, sponsor or endorse any third-party Content, products or services on or linked through the Website and we make no representations regarding, and are not liable or responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability or availability of any third-party Content, products or services. Links to any third-party Content are provided for your convenience only. If you choose to access any third-party Content, you agree that you do so at your own risk and OSHEN is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort that you may incur as a result of any third-party Content, products or services.
This Website may contain links to third-party services and resources. You acknowledge that (a) OSHEN is not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website, or any changes or updates to such websites; and (b) OSHEN is not responsible for any other form of transmission received from any linked website. OSHEN is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by OSHEN of the website. Any concerns regarding any such link should be directed to the particular third party website.
- ACCESS TO AND USE OF WEBSITE; ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We do not guarantee that the Website, or any Content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change any or all part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
By using the Website, you agree to comply with all content and conduct standards set forth in these Terms and Conditions. By way of example and not limitation, you agree not to:
- modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works of, frame, use, transfer or sell any information, products, services or Content provided through or obtained from the Website, including without limitation, engage in the practice of "screen scraping," or any other similar activity;
- hack into the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website, or attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack;
- modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated or affiliated with the Website;
- damage, disable, overburden, transmit any worms, viruses, trojans, logic bombs or other material of a destructive nature, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website;
- violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in your jurisdiction;
- use any automatic or manual conduct, device, process, software, program, algorithm, methodology or routine, including but not limited to a "robot," "spider" or other similar process or functionality to interfere (or attempt to interfere) with, damage, disable or impose an unreasonable burden or load on, the operation of the Website; or
- use the Website for any illegal, obscene, abusive, offensive, harassing, improper or objectionable purpose, to sell or offer to sell any goods or services, to conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
For any portion of the Website that requires a user name and/or password, you are responsible for all use of your account (under any user name or password) and for ensuring that all use of your account complies fully with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. You shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your user name(s) or password(s), if any.
- DMCA – COPYRIGHT COMPLAINT POLICY; INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION
If you believe in good faith that certain Content on the Website infringes your copyright rights, please provide the written information requested below. The procedure outlined below is exclusively for notifying OSHEN that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
Please provide the following information in the following order (including Section Numbers):
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the Website, such as a link to the infringing material.
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including your name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. This information and notification is accurate. Under penalty of perjury, I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement on the Website should be emailed or mailed to:
Attn: Legal Department
3802 Ocean Front Walk #2 Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Phone Number: 6467135798
We suggest that you consult an attorney before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, please note that you may be liable for damages (including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys' fees) if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above and applicable law, including but not limited to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
In accordance with applicable law, OSHEN has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at OSHEN's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat copyright infringers. OSHEN may also limit or restrict access to the Website and/or terminate the accounts of any users who are deemed by OSHEN to infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement, in OSHEN's sole discretion.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OSHEN, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, vendors, manufacturers and distributors (collectively, the "OSHEN Parties") from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, charges, complaints, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), arising from or in connection with: (a) your misuse of the Website; (b) any Content submitted, posted, or otherwise provided by you to the Website, any of the OSHEN Parties, and/or its agents, third party licensors or licensees, (c) your breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any representations you provide herein, and/or (d) your use of the Website. OSHEN reserves the right to take exclusive control and defense of any claim subject to this indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate fully with OSHEN in asserting any and all available defenses. This provision does not require you to indemnify any of the OSHEN Parties for any unconscionable commercial practice by such party or for such party’s fraud, deception, false promise, misrepresentation or concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact in connection with the Website or any Content provided hereunder.
- DISCLAIMER; WARRANTIES
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OSHEN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. OSHEN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR ANYTHING ELSE HARMFUL. FURTHER, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OSHEN MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE LINKED TO OR FROM THIS WEBSITE, USER GENERATED CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS, INFORMATION, GIVING INFORMATION MADE BY OSHEN OR ITS GIVING PARTNERS, INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTY VENDORS, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE OR LINKED TO FROM THE WEBSITE.
OSHEN ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, WEBSITE AND MATERIALS SET FORTH ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE(S), (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVERS THAT HOST THE WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE(S) AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY WEBSITE(S), (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE(S) BY OSHEN OR ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE NETWORK OR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION AND MATERIALS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITE(S)) OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE DISCLAIMERS HEREIN, DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM COMPANY INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL OSHEN OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, MANUFACTURERS OR DISTRIBUTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "OSHEN RELEASED PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA, REVENUE OR PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPRTUNITY OR GOODWILL, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH (A) THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE; (B) THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE CONTENT, OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FROM, ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE(S); OR (C) THE CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST THE OSHEN RELEASED PARTIES FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE. THAT SAID, IF ANY OF THE OSHEN RELEASED PARTIES ARE FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR WHICH IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, THE OSHEN RELEASED PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00 IN THE AGGREGATE. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT EXCLUDE ANY PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS, DAMAGES ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONAL INJURY OR RESULTING FROM COMPANY INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD, OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE.
Any and all offers or promotions advertised on this Website are void where prohibited, and are subject to the posting of any official rules to such offers or promotions.
- AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES AND CHOICE OF LAW
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE: You and OSHEN agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms and Conditions through final and binding arbitration, except to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate OSHEN’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights). Under such circumstances we may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Site, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
WHAT IS ARBITRATION?: Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly. Instead of a judge or a jury, the case will be decided by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same damages and relief that a court can. If any provision of this Section 13 is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced.
ARBITRATION PROCEDURES: The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures in front of one arbitrator. If there is a conflict between JAMS Rules and the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions, the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions will govern.
The JAMS Rules and instructions for how to initiate an arbitration are available from JAMS at http://www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. To initiate arbitration, you or OSHEN must do the following:
- Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a "Demand for Arbitration" at www.jamsadr.com;
- Send three copies of the "Demand for Arbitration", plus the appropriate filing fee to your local JAMS office or to JAMS, 555 West Fifth Street, 32nd Floor, Gas Company Tower, Los Angeles, CA 90013; and
- Send one copy of the "Demand for Arbitration" to the other party.
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the JAMS Rules. If traveling to California is a burden, you may participate in the arbitration by phone or via document submission to the fullest extent allowable by the arbitrator. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, we will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees). Arbitration under these Terms and Conditions shall be held in the United States in the Central District of California under California law without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
AUTHORITY OF ARBITRATOR: The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and OSHEN, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and these Terms and Conditions. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and OSHEN.
NO CLASS ACTIONS: You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and OSHEN in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND OSHEN WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.
OPT-OUT OF AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE: You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by emailing OSHEN at customerservice@oshenactive.
Choice of Law/Forum Selection
In any circumstances where this Section 13 (Agreement to Arbitrate Disputes and Choice of Law) permits the parties to litigate in court, these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of law rules. You further expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of a court of competent jurisdiction located in the Central District of California.
- GENERAL LEGAL PROVISIONS
These Terms and Conditions are effective unless and until terminated by either you or OSHEN. You may terminate these Terms and Conditions as they apply to you at any time by ceasing to use the Website. OSHEN may terminate these Terms and Conditions at any time immediately and without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Website, for any reason in its sole discretion; however, the provisions in these Terms and Conditions that relate to intellectual property, indemnification, disclaimer, limitation of liability, and choice of law shall survive any termination of these Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise specified, the Website and Content are displayed solely for the purpose of promoting OSHEN products and services available in the United States. This Website is controlled and operated by OSHEN from its offices in California.
If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalid or unenforceable portion shall be modified in accordance with the applicable law with a provision that most closely reflects the intention of the original provision, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of OSHEN to insist upon or enforce strict performance by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
We may provide notice to you relating to the Website and/or these Terms and Conditions by sending an e-mail to your last known e-mail address, and any such notice shall be deemed given and received on the day it is sent. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and of any notices given to you in electronic form or otherwise shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You agree that any cause of action that you may desire to bring arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions and/or the Website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arises. You may not use the Website or export the Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access the Website from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
OSHEN's performance of these Terms and Conditions is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this these Terms and Conditions is in derogation of OSHEN's right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements.
The sections on Indemnity, Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer; Warranties do not apply to New Jersey residents.
© 2018 OSHEN, LLC. All rights reserved.